Tuesday, January 13, 2009

100 things about me

So here's 1oo things you may or may not have known about me!




  1. I love Pizzeria Combos.


  2. I can eat an entire loaf of homemade white bread on my own.


  3. I love fishing, especially with my Uncle Carroll.


  4. I don't like it when people I don't know call me "hon" or "sweetie."


  5. I am addicted to NCIS. I am unavailable on Tuesday nights from 8 -9.


  6. I've always wanted to open my own restaurant and call it Mizpah's (after my grandmother).


  7. Emeralds are my favorite gem.


  8. I met George H. W. Bush at Walker's Point while I was a reporter.


  9. We used to own six guinea pigs.


  10. I miss driving my Saturn Vue.


  11. I enjoy working at Wal-Mart (I just get annoyed with the customers).


  12. I think everyone should have to work some sort of service job (waiter, cashier, receptionist) just so they know what it's like.

  13. My big toe is mammoth.

  14. I can quote many of the lines from the movie Cool Runnings.

  15. My favorite scene from from Cool Runnings is where they are naming the bobsled.

  16. I witnessed a car hit something on my way to deliver Ryan.

  17. I consider 13 a lucky number since it's my birth date.

  18. I don't like going to bed with dirty feet.

  19. I consider myself an excellent cook and I am offended when someone doesn't like something I make.

  20. I washed my husband's first cell phone.

  21. I washed my green iPod that my husband got me as a gift. (neither the iPod nor the phone survived).

  22. I once faked a sprained ankle to get out of P.E. (gym).

  23. I think it's fun to play in the snow.

  24. I like building snowmen.

  25. I ate salt and vinegar chips with ranch dip while pregnant with Ryan.

  26. I craved spoon fulls of mayo (but never ate it) while pregnant with Tim.

  27. I think it's hard to pick out good boy names.

  28. I hate it when I use the car and the gas light comes on (especially since I use it just twice a week).

  29. I have quite a few characters on World of Warcraft. My main (character) is named after a high school classmate.

  30. While trying to impress my husband on one of our first dates, I stepped on a ping-pong ball while attempting to stop it from rolling away (it didn't survive either).

  31. I used to play marbles in elementary school.

  32. I was the catcher on our high school girl's softball team.

  33. I've never been skiing.

  34. I've never been scuba diving.

  35. Driving is one of my favorite pastimes.

  36. My first drivers license had no photo and was laminated.

  37. I've never voted in a Bahamian election.

  38. I want to travel to Germany someday.

  39. A friend of mine took me for a ride in a city plow when I was a reporter so I could write a story about it.

  40. I enjoyed staying in the hospital after the kids were born. I was in no rush to get home either time.

  41. My first car was a K car.

  42. I have bad luck with cars and automatic transmissions.

  43. I've started a collection of Junkanoo dolls.

  44. I once bit into a piece of cracked conch and found a conch pearl.

  45. I had the conch pearl set into a ring.

  46. It's hard for me to keep gifts a secret.

  47. My favorite pair of shoes are my Danskos.

  48. I wish I had more than one pair of Danskos.

  49. I drove my husband's car (we weren't married yet) off the road in a snowstorm. It took an hour to get it out of the ditch. I also almost hit a utility pole. Thanks Julie!

  50. My part-time job at college required me to sort student and faculty mail.

  51. Adam and I have matching wedding bands.

  52. One of my favorite kids books is Mr. Popper's Penguins.

  53. My favorite chocolate bar is a Cadbury's Crunchie.

  54. The first CD I ever owned was Mariah Carey's Christmas Album. My brother gave it to me for a Christmas gift.

  55. My high school graduation gift was a Citizen Eco Drive watch. It died last year.

  56. Going to the British store in Freeport makes me feel like I'm a home.

  57. The only time I've been in Chicago was on the Bible and Culture trip my freshman year of college.

  58. I purchased six CDs at the HUGE Borders on that trip.

  59. Six CDs is the most I've ever purchased at one time.

  60. My best friend and I made up actions to the Christmas Song. It still makes me laugh.

  61. I used to get dizzy after having a vaccination or blood drawn.

  62. Needles don't bother me so much after my pregnancy with Ryan.

  63. Fall is my favorite season.

  64. I really like seafood.

  65. I've eaten squid and thought it wasn't so bad. I'd eat it again.

  66. I like baked stuffed lobster.

  67. I think Red Lobster makes the best fried shrimp.

  68. My favorite seafood is conch.

  69. I like catching triggerfish when I go fishing.

  70. I watched the Bone Collector the night before my wedding.

  71. The smell of cigar smoke reminds me of my Uncle Ross.

  72. I like the smell of pipe smoke.

  73. My favorite beach is in Green Turtle Cay.

  74. I can sing lots of commercial jingles.

  75. I sang commercial jingles to Adam on Sunday night when he was trying to go to sleep.

  76. The Real Men of Genius Budwiser commercials are some of my all time favorites.

  77. I still think the Dominos commercial for free cheesy bread is funny. "You're free cheesy bread. Free!"

  78. I used to play the piano.

  79. I used to play the piano for our youth group at church.

  80. My favorite classical music piece is Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven.

  81. I think chocolate should be a food group.

  82. The farthest I've been away from home is when I went to Papua New Guinea.

  83. There was a massive tsunami while I was in Papua New Guinea, but we were on the other side of the island.

  84. One of my editors always pronounced the tsunami, "too sommy."

  85. I think it's an unwritten rule that all newspaper publishers have to be weird.

  86. I love taking photos.

  87. I wish I had more time to work on my photography skills.

  88. One of my professors in college did some sort of test on a peanut for Jimmy Carter in 1981.

  89. We still make fun of this professor because he always started his stories "Back in 1981, when I was in Atlanta..."

  90. I miss living close to St. Louis.

  91. I am the bookkeeper in the house.

  92. I know more about the eye than I ever thought possible.

  93. Our first apartment after we were married was infested with cave crickets.

  94. Big Daddy's and Shain's of Maine are my favorite ice cream shops. Ted Drewes comes in third.

  95. Homemade coconut ice cream is my favorite ice cream.

  96. I once had a fishing "pole" made out of a length of fishing line and a half of a clothes pin.

  97. I can still remember playing Raiders of the Lost Ark on our Atari.

  98. I often have pajama days with the kids. We all get a bath or shower and then put on clean pjs for the day. We go nowhere and it's awesome!

  99. My dad used to tickle my feet to get me to go to sleep at night.

  100. I still like it when someone touches my feet.

No comments: