Monday, January 12, 2009

It keeps me up late

I haven't stayed up late on purpose for a long time. I have two boys who insist on getting up at the crack of dawn. I need my sleep. I like to sleep. I like lots of sleep.

But the Twilight Series by Stephanie Meyers is keeping me up well into the early morning. The kids bedtime and nap time are really my only times to read. I've devoured the first three books in record time for me.

Here's the thing you need to know. I wasn't interested in reading these books. I thought it was silly, just like I thought the whole Harry Potter craze was silly. When Adam and I saw the preview for the movie, we looked at each other and said, "nope." We do this with all previews. We either say "yes" or some version of "no" to determine if we will see a movie. We often disagree...

Just two months after the movie's release and here I am impatiently waiting for my friend Jenni to finish Breaking Dawn so I can read it too. (Jenni was the one to lend me Twilight and convince me to read the books). I also want to rent Twilight when it's available on Netflix.... March 22 according to the Stephanie Meyer website. I'm curious about how Bella's Lullaby sounds. I'm curious how certain aspects of the book play out in the movie.

I am also excited there will be other movies. I'm excited to see what Meyers writes next.

So this morning I typed Twilight into the search bar on Facebook and discovered there are some funny groups like "I wanna be a Cullen," "Because I read Twilight I have unrealistic expectations in Men," and "After reading Twilight human boys seems lacking." Jenni and I can't stop talking about it. I sense a girls night of lots of Twilight Saga talk.

And though I stayed up till well past my bedtime (giving me just 5ish hours of sleep last night) I am feeling okay. I know the boys will nap later and I can nap too... if there's time (there's laundry to do, a cake to bake, dinner to make.... you know the usual). Because Jenni is probably not done with the last book, I can go to bed early.

Breaking Dawn will probably keep me up late the night it comes home in Adam's work bag!

1 comment:

gingrpchy said...

I also love the Twilight books. The movie was so-so, but worth renting. While you're waiting for the last book you should look at www.stepheniemeyer.com . She has exerpts that didn't make it into the book, extras, soundtracks, and part of Twilight written from Edward's perspective. Sadly, I don't think she plans to finish that one any time soon.