Saturday, January 31, 2009

An addition and a toll story

I was reminded today that I forgot to add someone I love to my 'N' list. That would be my brother Nathan. So I am adding to my list.



11. Nathan - The man who taught me the art of driving. He taught me the key rule when parking: "Go until you hear crunch." It works well :) The guy who bandaged my cut when I slid into third base unnecessarily. He's the one who taught me how to ride a bike, cheat at Monopoly and play Spades! He's been my friend and we've had lots of fun together through the years. He's an awesome guy who deserves a wonderful wife. Know anyone around 30 who would be a match?



**********************************************************



On a completely different note I went to Portland on Thursday. When we went to go through the tolls in Wells there was no one in the toll booth. For those who are familiar with Maine, you know that to get on the pike you need to pay $0.60. We used to have lines with baskets to put the money in, but recently those were replaced and are all EZ Pass Lanes. So if you want to pay cash you have to see a toll collector. Anyway, there was no toll collector there. Instead, a sign on the window read "Toll collector temporarily unavailable, please proceed with caution." I looked at the sign and was a bit puzzles, but did continue on to the pike. The guy behind me was equally puzzled and sat at the toll with his had out reading the sign. He proceeded really slowly.

As I drove down the pike I thought to myself... "I'm glad God is never temporarily unavailable."

No comments: