Friday, November 06, 2009

Chicken Soup

We've all been fighting a cold here, so I thought I'd share my friend Kristin's recipe for a really yummy chicken soup. It's a twist on the old chicken noodle version and I love it because it gives me something else to choose from when I just don't feel like the old standard.

Kristin's Easy Chicken Soup

1-2 chicken breasts (literally just one or two from a package)
1/4 cup flour
32 oz chicken broth
15 oz Italian Diced Tomatoes (garlic, oregano, basil)
1-2 tablespoons olive oil.
Diced celery, carrots, onions and potatoes (I used one large of each)

Cut chicken into bite size pieces and coat with flour. Place Olive Oil in soup pot and brown chicken. Remove chicken and add celery, carrots and onions and cook till tender. Add chicken and potoatos and broth. Cook till potatoes are done.

Kristin serves this with homemade garlic bread and tops the soup with freshly grated parm.

Enjoy.

1 comment:

ABOUT XIN LEI said...

wow, that does sound easy! Way faster than making it from scratch...I'll have to try it sometime :).