Sunday, November 01, 2009

Saving

Today is the official start of NaBloPoMo. I can do a month of posts. Yes I can!

I've been working at a local bank for about three months now. I really love it. What I think I love most is that I learn things from customers who come in and chat with us ladies. My favorite tip so far was from a lady who was making a deposit for a trip. She's saved up all her rebates, coin and any money saved from using coupons and was planning to take a trip.

The idea behind her plan is that any money you save you put into a savings account. I'll give you an example. This week, I did grocery shopping and saved $6 in coupons and another $6.28 with our Walmart employee discount. That $12.28 will be going into our savings account. My parents were also here for two weeks. I normally spend $70 in groceries each week so we put that same amount aside, too. It's not a huge amount of money, but it's better than not saving at all. Our savings account is starting to look nice. There wasn't a lot in it just two weeks ago.

There's my two cents...maybe it will help you save a few yourself.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you like your job, and I love the advice about saving.

I've decided to do NaBloPoMo, too!