Monday, November 16, 2009

Mommy Tip

When Ryan was first born, my mother gave me a tip that I use a lot. She said I shouldn't worry too much about keeping the house clean while he was little, but that maybe I could do one thing every day to keep things some-what nice. I've used that tip right up until now and it works wonderfully for me.

Growing up I hated how mom left all the chores until Saturday and I didn't want to do that to my kids. It makes for a boring Saturday, though in my mother's defense I will say we always had time for the beach every Saturday, unless it was raining.

Today, I cleaned the bathroom and washed all the laundry. The laundry is not all put away yet... that may be for tomorrow as well as sweeping the kitchen floor. I've found the one thing a day is nice. I still get the house clean, but I don't get worn out trying to do a marathon cleaning event nor to I ignore the kids for an entire day. A few minutes here and a few minutes there and my one thing is usually done.

Got any mommy tips for me? I'd be interested to hear them!

No comments: