Sunday, November 08, 2009

Turkey


Ryan, my mom and I all worked together to create this fall turkey to decorate the house. Ryan loves projects and is really good at them. He likes seeing his finished work. This craft idea came from Pack o Fun which we get at the library most months. I like the different crafts they have in their magazine. Ryan was really happy with the finished product. Next on our project list are pilgrims to join the turkey.

I enjoy these times with Ryan doing crafts because I love listening to him problem solve and hearing what he thinks will work. He likes it because it's time with just him and mommy. We usually do these crafts during Tim's nap. I can't wait for Tim to be able to join us, but I know that's at least a half a year away. I can vividly remember doing crafts with my mother and grandmother during my childhood. My mum and I had a good laugh about some snowmen we once tried to make. It was a disaster, but we still have that memory. I hope Ryan (and eventually Tim) will look back on these projects and smile someday.

No comments: