Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Thyroid

I can't believe I missed a NaBloPoMo post because I fell asleep at 8 p.m. Okay, I can believe it, simply because my thyroid is doing new things these days.

The latest update on that little butterfly-shaped gland of mine is that the radioactive iodine treatment I received four months ago is finally working! Adam and I were worried that I'd need a repeat dosage of RAI or that I'd need surgery. I'm so thankful that it appears I will need neither.

Right now I am tired a lot...again. I was taking meds to lessen the side effects of having hyperthyroidism and now I can't take anything for the start of my hypothyroidism until I get blood test results back next month. So, I'm back to going to bed with the kids until then and should really do my NaBloPoMo posts in the morning. It's clearly too early in the month to be missing posts!

No comments: