Monday, November 03, 2008

Behold the power of bacon


Timothy loves to eat. He's an awesome eater. He loves peaches, pears, prunes, squash, sweet potatoes and apples. I'm sure there's some food I am leaving out. He isn't so fond of bananas, peas or carrots.

Since Timothy was about two months old we've been strapping him into the high chair for dinner. He didn't eat anything then, but he enjoyed being near us during dinner time. He loves to smile at us while in the high chair and always looked with great curiosity at each of us eating and what was on our plates.

These days if Timothy is at the table he expects to be fed. He will smack his lips together or mimic us chewing if we aren't feeding him as fast as he'd like.

While my parents were here last week, we went out to breakfast at Congdon's. Timothy was in the high chair, but particularly crabby. When the food arrived I was eating with one hand and holding Timothy in the other. Timothy was looking at my plate the entire time, often trying to grab something that was on it. We were all laughing at this.

For fun, I held out a piece of bacon from my plate to see what Timothy would do. He quickly grabbed it and began licking it. We took some photos and then the bacon was taken pried from his fingers and a greasy little boy was wiped clean.


No comments: