Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Favorite kids book

Ryan has a few favorite books. I enjoy reading to him, especially before bed when he often interacts and says the words that come next. I thought I'd use this post to share his top four favs.

1. If you give a mouse a cookie by Laura Joffe Numeroff is his super favorite. He can pretty much tell you the entire story and knows about all the details on each of the illustrations. A fun read. If you give a mouse a cookie lots can happen! I like many of the other "If you" books too.

2. Llama Llama Red Pajama by Anna Dewdney is cute and has lots of rhymes. I love reading it because of the sing-song sound it has. It's about a baby llama who hollers for his llama mama after she has put him to bed and sets to do her night routine. A great good night book because it's all about going to bed and being scared to be in bed alone.

3. King Bidgood's in the Bathtub by Audrey Wood is awesome. It's about a paige who cannot figure out how to get the king out of the bathtub and solicits the help of the queen, a knight, a duke and a few more. There are awesome illustrations and the ending is funny.

4. Dino Pets by Lynn Plourde and Gideon Kendall was given to use my memere Jan. Ryan can read and re-read this bookso that it becomes old. I like that there are different dinos and that the illustrations are fun. Ryan understands that the fast dino needs good shoes in order to run and that the scary dino can make people run away. It's not sing-song-y in any way, but it's just a fun story that shows differences in dinosaurs.

Of course, these are in no particular order, but they are the books we read EVERY night... sometimes I sneak in some Sandra Boynton or Brown Bear, but these are the ones we read most often. If you check them out at the library or purchase them for your kids, you'll have to tell me what you think.

I'd also love to hear what the favorites are in your house... I like finding books reccomended by others.

2 comments:

gingrpchy said...

If You Give a Mouse a Cookie is a hit (with me anyway) in our house too.

gingrpchy said...

Another favorite book is I Love You Through and Through by Bernadette Rossetti Shustak