Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Movies

Adam and I play this game I have named the movie game. When we're channel surfing and we get to a channel with a movie we try to see who can guess the name correctly first. It's a lot of fun. Sometimes Adam can guess it in three seconds. It's crazy how much he can remember about a movie to be able to guess it in three seconds.

Sometimes I win. I get lucky with a name or a chick flick.

Adam and his roommate, Mark, would play this game in college. I think they were equally good at guessing movies. Both are movie buffs. The three of us went to more movies than I can count during our college years, especially after the Globe Theater opened on the square.

And then Netflix came into our lives. We've seen lots of movies through the mail order program since we moved to Maine and especially since we've had kids. I really can't recall the last movie we've seen together since we've had kids.

I'm really glad Adam likes movies so much. I've seen a lot of movies I probably would have never chosen to watch on my own. We've seen foreign films like Run Lola Run and Pans Labyrinth. I've watched "different" movies like Punch Drunk Love and Stardust. We've seen comedies, romance, drama, old and new.

I've watched movies that I have left me wondering why I watched them like Dude Where's My Car? and Strange Brew. These are just two of the movies that have made me feel like I wasted a few hours of my life and the use of my brain cells.

Our Netflix queue has more than 350 movies on it just waiting for us to watch.

Of course, I have my favorite movies. I can watch Cool Runnings any day. I can also quote a majority of it. I really love this movie. Another movie that I enjoy watching because it makes me laugh is Big Daddy.

Notting Hill is one of my favorite chick flicks. I also love the movie P.S. I love you.

I enjoy watching Nicholas Cage movies. Two of my favorites (of the many he's done) include Gone in 60 Seconds and The Family Man (not to be confused with that cartoon Family Guy).

An actor I am so impressed with I want to believe he is now my favorite is Tom Hanks. He's had a range of different roles and he's really shown what an awesome actor he can be. He doesn't take a cookie cutter role like Adam Sandler, Will Ferrell or Owen Wilson. Tom has done characters from Forest Gump to Vicktor Norvorski in The Terminal. He's done romance, comedy, animation, drama and more. He just amazes me and I can't wait to see what he will do next.

I'd love to hear what your favorite movies are so that, if I haven't seen them, I can go check them out. Who is your favorite actor or actress and why?

If you have time, check out some of these movies, I've really enjoyed watching them and I'm glad I married a movie buff. There's no better way to spend a cold wintery evening than watching a movie and drinking a white hot chocolate!

1 comment:

gingrpchy said...

Some of my favorites are The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (the first one -a good coming of age flick), Saved! (with Mandy Moor -hilarious and thought provoking with religious themes) and Yellow Submarine (cartoon -weird but fun)